Thursday, October 15, 2009

Don’t Stress About My Dress!!

My favorite right is the freedom of expression because I believe that you should be allowed to wear anything you want to an extent and not be offending someone else. The United States is a free country, so people can express their opinions freely as long as it is not offending anybody else. Did you know that most of our freedoms are protected by the Bill of Rights?

I believe that you should be allowed to wear what you want to a certain extent. If you come to school with something very inappropriate then you should have to go back home and change. School is a place where you should be dressed appropriately and not dressed like a bum. What is your opinion on dress codes? Would you like your son to come to school dressed inappropriately? However, I don’t understand why you are not allowed to wear the rebel flag in some placements. In the Wheeling Park Handbook it asks us to follow the same dress code, but then Crittenton will not let us wear rebel flag stuff. Is that a violation to my right and what I believe in?

3 comments:

  1. I agree one of our greatest freedoms is the freedom of self expression. I also agree students and teachers alike should dress respectful while at school. I believe no one should wear the rebel flag. I believe it represents a violent time in our history; a time of great pain for many people. The rebel flag also was a symbol of the south. One of the main reasons the south opted to separate from the union was so they could continue to have slaves (so they could continue to make large amounts of money). As you can see to a lot of people the rebel flag would symbolize slavery and violence not something we would want to promote at Crittenton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i see what you are saying, and i just like rebel flag's so i guess i need to realize that it could possibly hurt someone's feelings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica, I did not for one minute think you would wear something or do something to intentionally hurt someone's feelings. Keep up the great blogging.

    ReplyDelete